Sunday 13 March 2011

I recently got a Dental Implant, I was wondering, what is a Healing Cap?

I recently got a Dental Implant, I was wondering, what is a Healing Cap?

My dentist said that they are going to open my gums back up where the stitches are and put a healing cap. What does that mean? And does anyone know how good a temporary crown is, is it easy to eat on it because right now, I have a fake tooth, I haven’t recieved my temporary crown yet, and I can hardly eat. Would the temporary crown fall out, or is it stable? I need experts, please!

Answer by Bill
The healing cap goes over the titanium implant screw.
Suprised he didn’t put the healing cap on when he placed the implant.

Is the temporary crown on another tooth?

Temp crowns are pretty solid as long as there’s some underling tooth to support it. They will last a couple months before they come off. Usually
they just need to be glued back on because they only use temporary cement.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Read this article:
bicon dental implant

i had the implant 2 weeks ago and I’m feeling very minor pain, its not even really pain, its just like i can feel something, it seems like its almost a pulse. Is this normal and how can i tell if somethings wrong.

Answer by offline256
Some soreness is to be expected after implant placement; you may be experiencing some inflammation around the implant site. Thoroughly cleansing that area and using mouthrinse should help. Another reason may be the implant could be located close to your nerve, esp if it was a lower implant that was placed. Whatever the reason, you should see the dentist that placed the implant and have them take a look, just to be on the safe side.

hope that helps

Answer by Skeeter
I have dental implants. If the gum around the implant is healthy and pink and there is no food stuck then the feeling is normal. Does what you feel, feel like little zips of pain that ping then goes away only to ping again either in a different implant or in the same one a little later? If you answer yes then smile and be glad. It is the feeling you feel when your implant is bonding to the bone. I had this feeling and it stopped once the implants had bonded. I feel nothing now that they have integrated fully.

Answer by robertgougaloff
Hi – implant surgeries are usually very atraumatic surgeries with minimal post-operative discomfort if there was no grafting involved. Things should actually be fine by now. The “pulsing” concerns me somewhat. A pulsing sensation is usually associated with the onset of an infection. I would not sit on this. I think the best advice is to go back to the surgeon and explain the symptoms and the history of the discomfort to him or her. The solution may be as simple as an antibiotic regiment or, if the x-ray confirms a problem, an “exploratory surgery” may need to be done. You can hop on my website at http://www.robertgougaloff.com to get some more info on dental implants. Good Luck.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment