Thursday 7 April 2011

Q&A: Is a dental bridge sufficient as a replacement for a tooth at the front?

Q&A: Is a dental bridge sufficient as a replacement for a tooth at the front?

I had a baby tooth taken out just under 1 year ago as the adult tooth never grew down and have been wearing a denture ever since (thrid tooth from front of mouth). As I am only 26 I am now looking for something more permanent and am thinking of having a dental bridge. My only other option is to have oral surgery to extract the adult tooth from my gum above and then have the implant but I feel that this is too invasive. Will a bridge be sufficient?

Answer by Quett
Have you looked into what a bridge entails? They have to basically cut away half of the tooth on either side of the gone one which has been renowned to produce irreparable hurt to previously healthy teeth. I know that implants are more costly and time consuming, but at least it wont affect any of your other teeth. Its a tough pronouncement that ultimately only you can make, but talk to your dentist in as much detail as you can about any concerns or questions you have and trust them to suggest what they feel would be best for you.

Give your answer to this question below!
Read the rest here:
bone graft for dental implant

No comments:

Post a Comment