Wednesday 16 February 2011

Q&A: How does a dental implant work with braces?

Q&A: How does a dental implant work with braces?

I had a tooth removed about 7 months ago and I need a dental implant as well as braces. How long will I have to wait to get the braces place on with I get the implant?

====================================

Answer by DrMiller
I really would get the braces finished before doing an implant. If it is a front tooth, the orthodontist can bond a fake tooth onto your wires for you for esthetic purposes. Once the implant is in, you can’t go it. If here are significant changes in your teeth from ortho, it might compromise the case to place it early. Once you have the braces finished or even nearly finished, a surgeon can sink the implant in the space. Just a suggestion.

Give your answer to this inquiry below!
Read more:
cost of a dental implant
I have been advised to have a dental implant in the last molar in the left side of my decrease jaw. The fee quoted seemed very high. What is considered a honest fee for this procedure?

====================================

Answer by lou g
An implant can cost around $ 2000. Then you need the crown on the implant which is about 1800

Answer by Boggy
Very expensive – in UK about £1,000 plus crown £200-£300. If it is the last tooth can you live lacking it?

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment