Monday 28 February 2011

Q&A: Can a dental implant be knocked out?

Q&A: Can a dental implant be knocked out?

i recently saw a boxing match with a boxer who had a dental establish in one of his teeth. And i was wondering if he may maybe get his dental establish knocked out if he got punched in the backtalk. How would it work if it got knocked out, will you see a metal screw sticking out of his backtalk? Or will his gums get messed up? Ouch!

====================================

Answer by Nebula D
I’m a dentist.

The chance of the establish being knocked out, i.e. avulsed from his bone is exceedingly tiny. Virtually impracticable, for a few reasons:

1. Once the bone has integrated nearly the establish, the establish is held in place extremely securely. The only way to take out it is to cut out the bone surrounding the establish. If you were to try to pull an establish out of the bone, you wouldn’t be able to. In fact, you’d very nearly surely pull a generous chunk of bone out with the establish.

2. The fake tooth isn’t attached directly to the establish. Very, it is attached to a stump called an “abutment”, and this abutment is attached to the establish via a tie screw. If the fake tooth was hit, what would most likely happen is that the tie screw would break, allowing the tooth and abutment to break off, leave-taking the establish in place and undamaged. Irregularly, even if, implants can be hurt. But it would never get knocked out.

But, sometimes traumatic injuries to an implanted tooth can cause the bone surrounding an establish to commence resorbing, and over a period of time, the establish may commence to loosen.

Give your answer to this inquiry below!
Take up again reading here:
bone graft for dental establish
my dentist told me i would probably be a candidate for invisalign and gave me a medical appointment for an orthondontist….hes done all my fillings and did the dental establish…..but when i researched it on the net it said you cant get invisalign when you have a dental establish – you need all your permanent teeth? May maybe a name shed some light for me.
oh and the dental establish is next to my top front tooth….and i have moderate crowding on the bottom…the top isnt too terrible

====================================

Answer by Betty B
My two front teeth are implants and I’m wearing Invisilign.
There’s not problems.

Edit:
When I was young, I got implants in the front to fix a huge open bite. At the time, it was less pricey to replace the two front teeth with longer ones, than to wear braces and fix the whole backtalk. I still have a tiny open bite but it does not bother me and Invisilign is going to fix that anyway, by the side of with the crowding at the bottom and the midline shift and one buck tooth.
I never had any conundrum with my smile but the crowding at the bottom got of poorer quality over the being and a link of time, my tongue got caught between two teeth and the pain prompted me to fix the conundrum.
They removed one of my teeth at the bottom to make room for the others.
Even my two implants at the top, went over the being and one looked longer than the other and was vaguely more forward. With in this area three months, my implants are now perfectly straight and even. I still have a few months to go and I can't wait to have straight teeth!

Add your own answer in the observations!

No comments:

Post a Comment