Thursday 2 June 2011

Maryland Bridge vs. Implant?

Maryland Bridge vs. Implant?

I had a dental establish several years ago. My establish is in my lower teeth area, only one tooth. last year I had to go for an emergency procedure which eliminated an infection I had on my gums in that particular area. The Dr’s were succesful eliminating the infection and I had a skin graft on the area unfortunately they had to remove my first crown and place a temporary “join” to keep the area covered. Now I have to make a choice in getting a more fitting and stable “tooth replacement”. What shoudl I do?, the options are: an actual crown for my first establish (the doctor said that cosmetically will not look as excellent) or a Maryland Join…Im so confused, I would like it to look better but of course I have no thought what the procedures entitles. I have spoken to him and it seems he wants to do the maryland….but I’m still not sure. What do you guys recommend. Which one is a better option? Thanks a lot, I need it by this Friday :( yikes!

Answer by dentalcare32
For a hassle free life implants are better. Your dentist may not be comfortable doing implants so has suggested join. For reasons additional than that, and if he is same dentist who did your establish earlier, you may question the reason or get a second opinion.

Answer by Skeeter
Find another dentist. A prothodontist is who you need to see. Implants are better and safer than a Marilyn join. I have dental implants and feel if it were me I would certainly get a second opinion.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Read more here:
cost dental establish

I will be getting implants for teeth #7 and #10. While the the grafting and implants heal I am to wear a flipper. It is dreadful. It doesn’t look excellent, I can’t talk, and I can’t eat with it. According to the dentist, this is normal. But I am also experiencing jaw soreness. I thought that it was just because I wasn’t used to it, but it’s 3 weeks later and the soreness persists. I despise to keep calling the dentist office if it’s normal. Is jaw soreness from flippers a common occurrence?

Answer by Daniel
OK, couple of things about flippers
1: They are really more for “show” than for “go”. I call them “party teeth”. Since you are replacing front teeth, you will have to cut everything and place it on your back teeth to chew. You really can’t “bite” with a flipper.
2: The flipper may not be too aesthetic now due to having to allow for swelling and healing. As your healing progresses, the Dentist can add material to the flipper to improve the looks.
3: Jaw soreness after 3 weeks from a flipper is NOT NORMAL! You need to have your Dentist evaluate this pain/soreness.

Dr. Dan

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment