Friday 3 June 2011

Has anyone had a bone graft in their mouth in prep for an implant?

Has anyone had a bone graft in their mouth in prep for an implant?

I had one today after they pulled my tooth in preperation for a bone establish.

I know they use a remains bone and They somehow sterilize it etc. I was trying to find out more about it.

1. How do they “sterilize” it?

2. (I should have thought of this one before I had it done). If the remains bone is not similar to mine, will my body reject it?

3. They don’t know if you can get some disease or not, it cannot be determined for sure or not, from a remains. Has anyone “gotten anything” from a remains graft?

Thank you in advance for your kind answers.
Feel free to give me any information that I didn’t question also that I may not know.

Answer by 2blueJean
my son had that done and i never considered the thought … i know his graft/establish infected and the establish had to be redone again after the infection healed he is pleased with the results but it took a few yrs to get the whole procedure done..

Answer by Olivia
Very simply:

There has never been a reported case of any disease transfer for PROCESSED BONE ALLOGRAFT. Also be sure to use only tissue banks that are members of the AATB.

There have been reported case of HIV in FRESH FROZEN ALLOGRAFTS, but these are not
used in dentistry. Synthetic grafts (alloplasts) have a very poor track record with regard to regenerative the makings.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!
View first post here:
affordable dental establish

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

    Fairfield Dental Implants

    ReplyDelete