Wednesday 1 June 2011

Do removable dental partials look like real teeth?

Do removable dental partials look like real teeth?

I have a porcelain establish or crown that has come baggy. It is one of my front teeth, and my insurance will not cover the cost of a new establish, but they will pay for a partial. I guess this is like a tooth that is held in place with metal clasps, and can be taken in and out. Does anyone know if these things even look like real teeth, and how hard is it to get used to wearing something like this. Any advice would be appreciated!

Answer by xxangel1246xx
Yes they look like real teeth. I have had a partial since I was 15 years ancient (I’m 23 now). They are exceptionally simple to get used to talking wise, the only business that sucks is that sometimes it will come out while intake, but I find it simple to place back in with my tongue without anyone noticing.
Also I have had a steady boyfriend for the last 6 and a half years, and he has yet to notice my partial. So even intimately, it is well concealed.

Answer by Audrey D
Mine look very real

Add your own answer in the comments!
Link:
3i dental establish

Ciao
I have all my baby teeth and I am 17 years ancient.

I live in the uk and I am considering going to my community hospital and having a tooth establish ( where they take the baby ones out and place normal looking ones in).
Even if, because my jaw hasn’t grown like it should have done due to my teeth, an establish will require the surgeons to take bone from my hip ( I reckon ) and place that bone in my jaw to make my jaw larger for the establish of the teeth.

Anyway, because I am 17, will me or my family have to pay for the operation or is it all paid by the NHS ?

I would prefer someone from the uk to answer as they would know exactly what I’m talking about, or even better if you worked for the nhs and answered my question!

Cheers

Answer by Claire K
I had a similar conundrum, even if it was just the two adult teeth that didn’t appear.

The NHS did not cover me for implants. I was agreed two bridges though.

But it’s odd that you have ALL your baby teeth and this might make it different for you.

Your best route of action would be to make an appointment with your dentist and take it from there. What will probably happen is that the dentist would take an x-ray of your jaw, maybe an establish of your teeth then send it away to an NHS dental board – I reckon it’s different for every council. Then that council would choose on what was available to you.

But as far as I’m aware the NHS do not offer implants and age doesn’t exchange this.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment